We are proud to announce the recent launch of DotNetPanel
- our brand-new control panel for Windows web hosting.
You can try DotNetPanel demo
now at the following location: http://panel.dotnetpark.com
The decision to move away from HELM was made due to the lack of HELM features, its very low security and poor user interface.
The new control panel will provide our customers with more freedom in using their hosting resources.
DotNetPanel is based on the world famous open-source DotNetNuke portal. It has completely modular architecture, actively uses Web Services and incorporates the latest technologies and best practices from Microsoft. It is designed and developed entirely by DotNetPark development team and without any help from third-party software vendors.
Among the most highlighted (and demanded!) features of DotNetPanel:
- Lightweight and consistent user interface. You need fewer clicks to achieve results!
- New folders structure where all user-related data such as web site files, logs, databases and other files is located under the single user home folder. It allows you to manage all your web sites from a single location and using only one FTP account.
- The “domains” unit was completely eliminated and replaced with “Web Sites” one. This means that now there is no difference between Web Sites and Sub Domains – they have similar features. Moreover, all resources now are at the same level, not under the “domain”.
- Web Sites module allows you to change sites’ default documents, stop/start/restart site’s service. It allows creation of virtual directories and site redirects.
- FTP account is not related to web site now. Using a single FTP account you can manage all your sites.
- Mail Server module unleashes all the power of mail server for you and allows creating mailboxes, forwardings and mailing lists with tons of their properties. Almost all Mail Server features covered!
- SQL Server module includes such long-awaited features as backup/restore databases, many-to-many relationships between databases and user accounts. Databases are not related to domains now and can be shared between all your sites.
- MySQL module allows you to backup databases as well as to assign one user account to several databases (like SQL Server module does).
- Access database can be created with a single click and in any location of your user home folder!
- Users and Groups module shows all allocated Windows 2003 user accounts and groups. You can create your own accounts and groups in order to use them in security folders module (planned for the next release) and the file browser.
- Very powerful File Browser will allow you to completely forget about FTP. Now it includes zip/unzip operations in addition to other standard ones such as copying/moving files, creating files/folders, deleting files/folders. It introduces “zip – deploy – unzip” paradigm that allows you to deploy applications quickly and easily without using of FTP. It is a geed news for users who staying behind the firewall and can't use FTP protocol! File Browser doesn't require any special network settings to work with it.
- DotNetPanel has built-in capabilities for hosting resellers and allows them to create their own hosting plans, assign resources and control their users' resources.
All our new customers will be placed on the brand-new DotNetPanel software and enjoy all its benefits.
If you notice some inconsistencies in DotNetPanel user interface, encountered a bug or have an enhancement suggestion feel free to drop us a line on email@example.com
mailbox. Your feedback is highly appreciated!